The US Army’s European Command released footage of a Russian Su-27 fighter jet harassing a US Air Force MQ-9 drone over the Black Sea on Tuesday.
The video shows a Russian Su-27 approaching the rear of the MQ-9 and dumping fuel on top of it as it passed by, disrupting the MQ-9’s video transmission.
The video shows the Russian Su-27 approaching the drone again, dumping fuel on it again.
The video then shows a Russian Su-27 hitting the drone and missing the camera feed for the drone for about 60 seconds. Then, the camera feed returns, showing the drone’s collision-damaged propellers.
NEW: European Command releases footage of a Russian Su-27 dousing fuel on the US MQ-9 drone over the Black Sea: pic.twitter.com/AZjgyIDEk5
– Christina Wong 🇺🇸 (@kristina_wong) March 16, 2023
The disturbing flight occurred on Tuesday, according to Eucom, around 7:03 a.m. CET.
The Pentagon confirms that the US military shot down the drone in international waters.
Eucom criticized this behavior as “reckless, environmentally unsound and unprofessional”.
“This incident demonstrates a lack of competence as well as being unsafe and unprofessional,” an initial press release read.
Gen. James P. Hecker, commander of US Air Forces Europe and Air Forces Africa, said the collision resulted in “the complete crash and loss of the MQ-9.”
He added, “In fact, this unsafe and unprofessional action by the Russians caused both planes to crash.”
Hecker said U.S. and allied aircraft would continue to operate in international airspace.
The spy chief claimed that Russia would recover the wreckage of the crashed American planehttps://t.co/H60HaDdYHL
– BreitbartLondon March 15, 2023
The incident pushed the US and Russian militaries into their closest direct contact amid a heated war in Ukraine, with the US backing Ukrainian forces with military assistance against Russian forces.
As previously reported by Breitbart News, the Russians will attempt to recover the drone.
Russia will try to recover the drone from the deep international waters of the Black Sea, according to Russia. State Wire Service TASS.
The Secretary of the Russian Security Council, Nikolai Patrushev, also confirmed that there is an attempt to recover the advanced drone, note: “I don’t know if we can recover or not, but we’ll definitely have to do it, and we’ll deal with it… I hope it works.”
DISCLAIMER:- Denial of responsibility! olorinews.com is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org The content will be deleted within 24 hours.