The bad news:
* The world has already warmed by 1.1°C and warming is likely to exceed 1.5°C this century under current pledges
Fossil fuel use is a major driver of warming and emissions are still rising, albeit at a slower pace.
Public and private funds for fossil fuels are still larger than funds for climate adaptation and mitigation
Climate adaptation efforts are underfunded and fall far short of what is needed
* Some frontline communities and ecosystems are already reaching adaptive limits
The good news:
* Renewable energy sources are becoming increasingly cost-effective and enjoy broad public support
* Some impacts are now contained, but others can be reduced through deep, rapid and sustainable reductions in emissions
* The earlier emissions are reduced this decade, the greater the chance the world has of limiting warming to 1.5°C, or 2°C.
* Action is vital, urgent, but possible
DISCLAIMER:- Denial of responsibility! olorinews.com is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org The content will be deleted within 24 hours.