The early bullets of Formartine proved too much for Turriff

Click here to sign up for our free newsletters!

Formartine United 2 – Torref United 1

When those last two drew a month ago at Haughs, it was a close affair as United fell behind twice before emerging victorious by two goals.

This was also a closely contested league game even though it didn’t feel like it in the first fifteen minutes or as a result.

The visitors were slow to settle in and Formartine made money big time by launching a launch that threatened to beat Turra to Kingdome Come.

Their recent victory over reigning champions The Broch may have led them to believe they would be able to do the same at North Lodge as they did at Bellslea.

Whatever the reason, they started this person slowly and paid a fine for it.

Formartine ripped them off from the start and put them back on their heels before they knew what hit them.

United revealed their pace, class and massive firepower to take a two-goal lead with even ten minutes to go and for the first twenty minutes or so it looked like they were going to run riot and win by a wide margin.

It took losing those goals and perhaps the threat of more to get the best out of Tora who kept fighting every inch of the way for the remaining 70 minutes in a match where the outcome was in doubt up until the moment. end.

United’s opening period was a sight to see as they streamed forward from midfield with Gallagher, Park and Rogers all cutting through the middle to feed a front pair of Campbell and Wade whose reputations as prolific scorers are well founded and should not be taken lightly.

In the fourth minute, Gallagher switched passes with Crawfords before feeding Gallagher who promptly laid his trajectory towards the front right corner of the box only to be brought down by a panicked half-half attempt to dislodge him.

This resulted in a free kick thirty yards out that Park gently swept the ball over and behind the wall to meet the back post run by Adams who headed in past goalkeeper Day and into the left stick.

Thus, Formartin encouraged adherence to wave after wave of attack and gave every indication that he could overwhelm the visitors.

Wade led the line and caused a panic with a host of tricks and turns that took him past and away from defenders and into dangerous areas. In the eighth minute, a violent run took him

Down the inside right channel away from Stewart, then past Cheyne and into just enough space below the bay line to kick the ball through the 6-yard box and into CAMPBELL territory.

The big forward did what he did best as he got ahead of the defenders to stab the ball with the right foot into the net between the keeper and the back stick of second.

This left Tora with the formidable task of thwarting United’s apparent dominance and clawing their way back into the game that was quickly escaping them.

To their credit they did just that.

United clearly had momentum and kept pressing.

Wade, Crawford, Roger and Roger each had half good chances saved, cleared or blocked.

However, by the middle of the first half, they were beginning to put their passes together and make progress in United territory.

Half an hour later they were as good as they got and in the 41st minute they got a free kick wide to the right and ten yards in that Cheyne hit hard and low towards the back stick and

Smith cleverly turned home from close range.

Set up a powerful strike in the second half.

Both teams pressed hard during the second half and Formartin had to respond to Tora’s high pace and tough handling of the match without regaining his former dominance.

But they shielded the lead and twice came close to extending it.

Gallagher came close after a right-side counterattack when his 15-yard drive stopped inches from the left post. yard in the 62nd minute and ten minutes later Wade dug in a single from near the penalty spot which was somehow hacked off the line by Chalmers.

United held on well although some desperation close to the penalty area led to some free play in dangerous games and a yellow for Adams. In the last minute Cheney was sent off for a second yellow handball while trying to foul Wade.

Would you like to respond to this article? If so, click here To submit your ideas and have them published in print.

DISCLAIMER:- Denial of responsibility! is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email at The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Read original article here

Leave a Comment