Wish to represent your country at Girls20 Global Summit 2020 scheduled to hold at Riyadh, Saudi Arabia? Here’s a breakdown of this fully-funded international summit and all expenses relating to the program will be covered by the organizers.
The International Conference has been dated to kick start in the month of October at a secure location in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
What You Need to Know G(irls)20 Global Summit
Since 2010, the G(irls)20 Global Summit has served as the only platform for young women to influence the G20. Every year, the Summit is held in the same country as the G20 Presidency; in 2020 Saudi Arabia will host world leaders and engagement groups. In October 2020, 25+ young women from around the world will meet for the 11th Global Summit in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, for a week of leadership training, social enterprise development and mentoring by female leaders in the business and public sectors. Participation at the Summit (including the cost of travel) is free of any costs for delegates.
The G(irls)20 Summit is modeled after the G20 Summit and includes a one-day symposium with local and international panelists, keynotes, and experts on economic and social issues facing girls and women. G(irls)20 is committed to bringing young women together for dialogue and collaboration, and will work closely with a network of Saudi Arabian alumni to produce the 2020 Global Summit.
Note: G(irls)20 is independent registered charity in Canada and does not accept government funding to run its programme(s).
List of participating countries or regions:
G20 Members: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, European Union.
2020 Guest Countries & Regions: Afghanistan, African Union, Indigenous, MENA (includes: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen), Pakistan, United Arab Emirates,Vietnam.
Please note the Indigenous delegate position is open to any young woman from around the world who belongs to a self-identified Indigenous group. Indigenous peoples, as defined by the United Nations: “are inheritors and practitioners of unique cultures and ways of relating to people and the environment. They have retained social, cultural, economic and political characteristics that are distinct from those of the dominant societies in which they live. Despite their cultural differences, indigenous peoples from around the world share common problems related to the protection of their rights as distinct peoples”.
Who can apply:
- All interested applicants MUST be 18 years old when you submit your application, and must not be older than 23 years old before October 31, 2020.
- Holds or can obtain a valid passport.
- Holds citizenship in any of the participating countries or regions.
What costs are associated with attending the Summit?
It will interest you to know that G(irls)20 will cover the following costs for all delegates:
- Flights to and from Riyadh from their nearest major city.
- Transportation to and from the airport in Riyadh.
- Accommodation in a shared room with one other female delegate.
- All meals during the week of the summit.
- Costs associated with travel visas.
- Traveler’s health insurance.
Costs not covered by G(irls)20 include:
- Costs associated with obtaining or updating passport
- Transportation to the major airport in home country
- Stipends for souvenirs, gifts, etc.
When and where is the Summit?
The Summit is scheduled to hold in October 2020 at a secure location in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. While the dates are still tentative, you must be available between 10th – 24th, 2020.
Every year, the Summit is held in the same country as the G20 Presidency; in 2020 Saudi Arabia will host world leaders and engagement groups. Saudi Arabia is undergoing rapid social transformation; for women, this has included lifting the bans on driving a car, traveling without permission of a guardian, and more. As the country undergoes rapid transformation, the Global Summit will bring together young women from the country and from around the world to help guide this transformation.
How are the delegates chosen?
- Delegates are selected from among hundreds of applicants and evaluated and chosen based on their vision of leadership, personal triumph and their ability to find innovative solutions to social challenges.
- Applications open on Friday, February 14th and close Friday, March 13th, 2020 at 15:00 / 3:00 pm Eastern Standard Time. No applications will be accepted after that time.
- Applications will be reviewed by a team of volunteer Application Readers who will select their candidates to be interviewed. Shortlisted candidates from each country/region will be held in April 2020 with members of G(irls)20’s Steering Committee.
- The top 2 candidates from each country/region will be interviewed by G(irls)20’s CEO in April 2020.
- All applicants will be informed whether or not they are successful in May 2020.
- All Applications will CLOSE on Friday, March 13th, 2020 at 15:00/3:00PM Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5).
READ MORE VIA OFFICIAL WEBSITE